The Simsbury Celebrates Gingerbread House Competition is back for 2023! Space is limited so only the first 30 entries are guaranteed acceptance. Late entries will be admitted as space permits. The registration deadline is Tuesday, November 14, 2023, and registrations may be completed online or by mail.
The special theme for the 2023 Gingerbread House Competition is “Children's Literature” and entries incorporating this theme will receive special recognition. Following the theme is encouraged, but not required, for the competition. The theme is also not required to be holiday related. If you're participating in the theme, and already have chosen your inspiration, please let us know during the registration process so we can avoid duplicates!
- Adult (16 & older, individual or team)
- Youth (15 and under, individual or team)
- Mixed Group (Adults & Youth working together, including youth groups, scout troops, families, etc.)
- Master (bakers and artists, individual or team)
- Display Only (individual or group, non-competitive)
Completed gingerbread houses must be delivered to the Simsbury Free Library (749 Hopmeadow St.) on Sunday, November 19th between 11:00 and 12:30pm. All entries will be need to be picked up on Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 between 12:00-1:00pm.