COVID-19 Program Procedures
Dear Parents of Art Explorers,
Thank you for registering your child for After School Artventures at the Apple Barn at 60A Old Farms Road, West Simsbury, CT. Please pull up to the car port to meet the instructor, she will take your attendance from the car. Pick up will also take place at the car port. Please remain in your car and we will sign your son/daughter out each day.
• The instructor will always wear a face covering.
• Pickup and drop off will be no-contact and distanced from instructors and other kids.
• Parents are urged to keep children exhibiting any respiratory symptoms or fever at home.
• Sharing of equipment will be minimized and materials will be sanitized to the extent possible and practical.
• Work areas will be sanitized before and after sessions.
• Bathroom visits will be cleaned more frequently and at the end of each day.
Time: 4:00PM-5:00PM, Tuesdays
Bring: An old, oversized T Shirt to wear as a smock, a nut free snack and a drink each day.
Pick up time: Promptly at 5:00PM.
A note about “art-friendly” clothes…
For the most part, Art-ventures for Kids uses washable paints and other materials. However, some projects require acrylic paint or sharpie markers.
IF YOUR CHILD DOES GET PAINT OR SHARPIE MARKER ON HIS OR HER CLOTHES, DO NOT PUT THE ITEM IN THE WASHER/DRYER! This will cause it to set, making it impossible to remove. Instead but no guarantee, you can use an old cloth to blot or soak it in rubbing alcohol. Do NOT rub in circles.
Art-ventures for Kids