Simsbury Culture, Parks and Recreation Department
Refund & Transfer Policy (January 30, 2020)
Refunds or credits will be given in the following situations:
- If a program is cancelled by the Simsbury Parks & Recreation Department, a full refund will be issued.
- Refunds in the form of an account credit or check (minus a $10 processing fee) will be issued if you cancel out of a program a minimum of two weeks prior the program start date. For requests less than two weeks but more than one week prior to program start date, a refund (minus a $10 processing fee) is possible if your space can be filled by someone on the affected program’s waitlist. Unfortunately we cannot honor requests for refunds made less than one week prior to the program’s start date.
- In the event of an injury or illness of the program participant less than one week before a program begins, a full refund will be processed if accompanied by a doctor’s note stating that the participant cannot participate due injury/illness during the dates of the program. A Doctor’s note must be received within two weeks of the absence, and the refund will be prorated for missed days. This only applies to the injured participant, and not any siblings who may also be registered in the same program.
- Bus trips and special events and tickets are only refundable if your seat/space can be filled by someone on a waitlist. If you are considering a refund request of this type please allow us adequate time to contact our waitlist. Merchandise and passes are non-refundable, but exceptions may be made by the Town Manager.
- Transfers - You may transfer into another session of the same program, without penalty, if done so a minimum of one week prior to the program start date and if there is space in the desired session. You may transfer into a different program, without penalty, if the request is made at least two weeks prior to the start date of the original program.
Refunds may be issued in the following two ways:
- A credit on your account at Simsbury Parks & Recreation, which will remain indefinitely and may be used toward any future activities with the department.
- A refund check sent to the address on file with your Simsbury Parks & Recreation account. Checks will be processed and sent from the Town of Simsbury’s Finance Department. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing.