Simsbury Culture, Parks and Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Tennis/Pickleball Court Policies
Court Reservation Policies:
- The Town of Simsbury policy prohibits private coaches from teaching lessons or running programs on the courts at Simsbury Farms. The Simsbury Recreation Department organizes a variety of tennis and pickleball lessons and programs, please check out www.SimsburyRec.com for more information.
- In the event of inclement weather, a credit will be added to your account. You must contact the Simsbury Recreation Dept., to request a credit due to inclement weather.
- Once booked, reservations are non-transferable and non-refundable except in the case of inclement weather.
Remember: The courts are free for the public to play on without a reservation, as long as there is not a Simsbury Recreation Department program or event on the courts and the court(s) are not reserved by other players. We recommend reservations to those who may have limited time to play and want to ensure availability of a court at a specific date and time.
It costs $6 an hour to reserve one court. Court time is available from 8 AM to 9:30 PM. Court time can be reserved in 30 minutes blocks, with a minimum of a one hour reservation.
The Tennis and Pickleball courts’ lights are now on a timer that you can turn on for play after sunset up until 9:30 PM. Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
Your email confirmation will serve as your reservation permit. If there is another group on the court you have reserved at the start of your time, please use the email confirmation as proof of reservation. Be sure you have the correct email address in your account so you receive the reservation permit.
How to Reserve a Court:
- Create or log in to your www.SimsburyRec.com account.
- From the menu options, hover over “Facilities” and select “Reservation”.
- Under “Reserve a Facility” select “Start an Online Reservation”
- Select the court you would like to reserve. Court 1 is closest to the paddle tennis courts, court 4 is closest to the playground.
- Select “View Availability” to see the when each court is available on a certain date. You can select a time on the calendar or enter it in manually in the Start and End time fields. Time must be in 30 minutes blocks, with a minimum one hour reservation.
- Once you’ve added your reservation date, enter the purpose (ex. Tennis Rental) and an expected head count for your group.
- Continue to check-out, confirm your date and time, and check out to complete your reservation.