Simsbury Culture, Parks and Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Food Explorers Half Day Camps
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Join Food Explorers for a morning of cooking! You’ll make your own snack and lunch with the help of Miss Lara, and learn all about food. You’ll be making: Cookie Dough Cheesecake Cups (the cookie dough has a secret ingredient!) and Crispy Quinoa Patties. Recipes are nut free and vegetarian, children will make their own portions whenever possible
Students will come home with new recipes, new skills, and new knowledge about the food that they eat.
Refund Policy? Please click here to read our refund/transfer policy.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions for this program:
Food Explorers is committed to provide a safe and fun environment for your child. Here are the precautions we are taking for in-person programming:
- Instructor will be wearing a face covering
- Child pick-up/drop off will take place outside - parents are encouraged to stay in the car.
- Children are required to wear face coverings except when eating
- Eating dinner and/or snack will take place outside (weather dependent)
- Children are making their own meals and snacks
- Food safety gloves will be worn whenever food is being touched
- All equipment is being thoroughly cleaned and surfaces will be wiped frequently
- Children will be seated 6 feet apart whenever possible