Simsbury Culture, Parks and Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Food Explorers Half Day Camps
MORNING PROGRAM - Join Miss Megan from Food Explorers for a morning of cooking. You'll make your own lunch and snack, and play fun games and activities all about food. You will be making Banana Cream Pie Parfaits and Zucchini Meatballs with pasta. All recipes are nut free and children will be making their individual portions.
AFTERNOON PROGRAM - Join Miss Megan from Food Explorers for an afternoon of baking! You'll make two delicious creations and learn about baking along the way. You'll be making Cheesecake Stuffed Egg Rolls and Homemade Bagels! All recipes are nut free and children will be making their individual portions.
Students will come home with new recipes, new skills, and new knowledge about the food that they eat.
Refund Policy? Please click here to read our refund/transfer policy.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions for this program:
Food Explorers is committed to provide a safe and fun environment for your child. Here are the precautions we are taking for in-person programming:
- Instructor will be wearing a face covering
- Child pick-up/drop off will take place outside - parents are encouraged to stay in the car.
- Children are required to wear face coverings except when eating
- Eating dinner and/or snack will take place outside (weather dependent)
- Children are making their own meals and snacks
- Food safety gloves will be worn whenever food is being touched
- All equipment is being thoroughly cleaned and surfaces will be wiped frequently
- Children will be seated 6 feet apart whenever possible